Monday, June 09, 2014

Irandam ulagam இரண்டாம் உலகம்

Happened to watch #irandamulagam, with very low expectations after umpteen negative feedbacks online and from friends. While watching, I was waiting for the film to fail miserably; expecting the screenplay never to move on and so.. But what was revealed on screen was a drama no less than any of the so called World cinema. #selvaragavan is well ahead of our times for sure. For all those critics who snub him, i know how you would have marveled #Avatar and #Inception, for the reason none other than it being conceived by a Westerner. Now, go see #irandamulagam for yourself on large screen, which is way better than Avatar in EQ.

Psychological reason behind the failure of #irandamulagam and success of #Avatar is: When a westerner / foreigner presents you with a new thought you feel,” probably he is more intelligent than me, hence i don’t understand it, let me not reveal my ignorance, let me praise him as the rest of the world does” is the outcome.
When a fellow Tamilian / Indian presents you with a thought which may be more intelligent than a westerners, you think “how could anyone from here be any different from me or think so intelligently or better the foreigners, it can only be a half baked thought, and it is righteous for me to argue that his thought is wrong “

Except for the quality of graphics, I see #irandamulagam is no less than an #Avatar or #Inception, and waiting for #selvaragavan’s best.

1 comment:

King Viswa said...

ஆக, எதனையுமே எதிர்பார்க்கவில்லை என்றால் ஏமாற்றம் இல்லை என்று சொல்கிறீர்கள்